Global Equipment Services is a
growing company and looking for
quality people to join our team. If
you are interested in our company
and the employment opportunities
available, please send your resume
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
About our Company:
We are an aggressive independent equipment dealer with steadily growing rental fleet of Caterpillar construction and mining equipment. We are currently looking for highly skilled and experienced Caterpillar Heavy Equipment Mechanics for full time work based out of Fairbanks, Alaska to fill positions in the field and shop. We are a privately owned company which is 100% focused on providing top quality equipment, products and service to our customers as well as providing a safe, enjoyable and satisfying workplace for our employees
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance
- Relocation assistance for qualified candidates
- Caterpillar dealer trained heavy equipment technicians are desired.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, recondition, and service Caterpillar heavy equipment, control systems, power train and undercarriage components.
- Must be able to demonstrate proper communication methods in order to effectively explain equipment conditions, machine status and recommendations, to management.
- Ability to safely and effectively work as well as adhere to strict company and customer safety program as well as MSHA requirements at all times.
- Ability to safely work in remote locations and at times in extreme weather conditions.
- Communicate verbally, electronically and in writing information, instructions and explanations to management & customers regarding vehicle/component/equipment conditions, problems, recommendations, and repair processes
- Exceptional communication skills are required.
- Basic computer, internet and email knowledge is required.
- Knowledge and skills to operate and understand Caterpillar diagnostic tooling & ET
- Knowledge of Caterpillar parts systems, ordering process as well as in depth knowledge of SIS.
- Appropriate manner, conduct, and grooming as well as adhere to company policy at all times.
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively.
- Consistent and punctual attendance.
- Extensive knowledge of Caterpillar equipment, components and systems is required.
- Own and maintain required personal tools.
- Current driver's license with clean driving record, CDL is required.
- Ability to pass pre employment and random drug screening process
- Valid passport and ability to travel and work out of town at times for extended periods including international travel.
- Minimum of 7 years related experience.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write) in English.
Please send information including detailed resume.